- Cases are being ordered very soon and the colophon page will be done by Monday!
Second Order of Buisness: Silent Auction
- The dates for the silent auction have been booked. The silent auction will be held at the School of Art on the 2nd floor in the glass cases next to the main office on November 14th - December 4th. Bidding will end at 5PM on December 4th.
-Please submit one awesome print to be auctioned off. Again, all money raised will go to the club.
Third Order of Business: Club Constitution Update
- Our Constitution has been updated. The updates include new duties for the club officers and some rule changes.
- I will be posting a copy of the updated Constitution here on the blog. Be sure to read it over, especially if you are a current officer or are planning to run for one.
*Reminder: elections for new officers are held at the end of each semester.*
Fourth Order of Buisness: Next Club Portfolio
- One of the new duties of the Enforcer and Sargent of Arms is to come up with and manage the club portfolio exchanges, meaning Dan and Tessa will be in charge of coming up with the next portfolios theme and stats.
Fifth Order of Buisness: BadDog Show?
- If anyone knows if there will be a BadDog show this coming week, please let Jessica or Kyle know.
- Plans to go guerilla and collaborate with GAA at last week's show did not happen, so we're planning on the Halloween/Day of the Dead masks sales.
- If there is now show at BadDog, then we will sell them around the School of Art.
-This means we still need skull designs!!! Bring them to the Printmaking workshop class 6PM on Tuesday night (10/26) where we will finalize designs and get them ready to print.
Sixth Order of Buisness: Graduate Colloquium
-The deadline is next week!! Let's pull together to write this colloquium and get someone awesome to visit NIU!!!
-Those who attended the meeting have made some suggestions for possible artists to come print with us. We ask that EVERYONE take the time to look at the possible artists, make a decision on who you would like to work with and comment here on the blog. We will then tally the results and make a final decision. We ask that you make this decision BEFORE MONDAY (10/25) so that we can get our heads together and type up a good submission.
The following artists were chosen by club members:
1. The Amazing Hancock Brothers (Austin, Texas)
(they used to have a site, but now its a casino??)
- Brother duo from Austin, TX. Their eye catching work consists of woodcut, silkscreen, litho, mixed media, and performance. They do it all!
2. Tugboat Printshop (Pittsburgh, PA)
-Husband and wife team, Paul Roden and Valerie Leuth, create awesome woodcuts.....check out that USA print!
3. Nicole Hand (Murray, KY)
- Nicole makes, as Ann Flowers says, "some juicy etchings!" Check her out!
4. Art Werger (Athens, OH)
-Art can juggle and make some mean mezzotints and color etchings!
-Lastly, here are the stats for the Graduate Colloquium via Michael Barnes:
DEADLINE for ElectronicSubmissions:
October 28, by 5:30pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(note: the School of Art deadline is earlierthan the date listed on the
Graduate School website, as we are required to rankthem prior )
The Graduate Colloquium program was established in 1966 to
bringscholars, artists, professionals, and public figures to lecture or
perform atNIU. Events are arranged andcoordinated by the Colloquium and
a Department, Division, or Center that iseligible for funding. All
events are open to the entire NIU community and thepublic.
To Submit a Proposal:
1. Before beginning your proposal,please carefully review the
Colloquium guidelines and proposal information onthe Graduate School
Colloquium page - http://www.grad.niu.edu/grad/colloquium/proposal.shtml
Examples of successful proposals are included on this site.
2. Complete an application form (attachedto this same email) and submit
an “Electronic” version of it to: email@example.com October 28, 2010 –
•Supplementary materials may be submitted to the GraduatePrograms office
by the above deadline, but will not be forwarded to theGraduate School
Colloquium Committee for final review. Includeall of the necessary
vitae information in the application form.
•Do Not Submit the InitialProposal Online – It Must First be Approved by
the School of Art GraduateCommittee prior.
•Please note that the “ROLEOF Graduate Student in Speaker Selection”
section of the application formis a very important component. Please be
thorough in your explanation of how the selection was made andidentify
the role and numbers of the graduate students who were involved in
theprocess (e.g. vetted through an organization, number of students
polled,polling process, etc.). Thesubmissions may come from individual
students, but it should demonstrate thatthere was a group of students
who were consulted to support the invitation ofthe speaker.
*See examples provided on the Colloquium website (above).
•The Graduate School Colloquium Committee reserves the finaldecision for
the acceptance of the proposals.
-Thank you and goodnight.